Wat Yai Chaimongkhon in Ayutthaya




Two last years I and my friends went to Ayutthaya to make a merit and pay respect to the Buddha at the other temple. We went to the Ayutthaya province about 76 kilometers from Bangkok. Ayutthaya was the capital of the Thai Kingdom was found by U-Thong King in 1350. Ayutthaya as an island is formed by the gathering of three rivers, the Chao Phraya, the Pasak, and the Loburi and surrounded by rice terraces. The Thai kings of Ayutthaya became powerful in the 14th and 15th centuries, taking over U-Thong, Lopburi, and Ayutthaya.






We drove from Bangkok to Ayutthaya province; we spent time about 2 hours for traveling. The first temple is Wat Yai Chaimongkhon. When I arrived there, the first feeling came to see the old historic site is this temple is very beautiful and classic. When I came into the temple, I felt amazed with the around environment that I saw. I am not surprised why a foreigner likes to come here. Area of the temple is not very big, but it is very captivating in every point. The ruins and was restored and the left is the original view seems magical. Then we walked into area of the temple; I saw Chedi Chaimongkhon and the Buddha image is in the seated position about a hundred Buddha image. Each Buddha image has a yellow cloth on the shoulder. Chedi Chaimongkhon is clout by the yellow cloth looks like yellow robe. By the history, Somdej Pra Naresuan Maharaj ordered to build Chedi Chaimongkhon for celebrating when he won Pramaha Auparaja that is very important in history and it is monument of victory after Ayutthaya was a dependent city on Myanmar. Then two years later Pra Naresuan established was Ratchathani again.






Before leaving, we went to Wat Phananchoeng, spent time about 10 minutes from Wat Yai Chaimongkhon to Wat Phananchoeng. We attend to pay respect Phra Bhudh-trai-ratana nayok. That day was sunny day, but I enjoyed with a new knowledge. I just know that it has many parts of Thailand’s history that I don’t know. I would like to Thai come here, because I think everybody will love it. I am so proud to Thailand still has historical site.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น